Here's a list of the gear I use
Fender Highway One™ Jazz Bass
(made in the U.S.A. in December 2005)
- Crimson Red Transparent
- Leo Quan BadAss Bass Bridge II (slotted)
- Fender Custom Shop ’60s Pickups
- Dunlop Straplok® Dual Design
- Mono GS1 The Betty Strap
- tuned EADG
This is my main bass and was my only bass for many years. I bought it new in 2006 and upgraded the pickups and the bridge soon after. I played hundreds of concerts with it and it is currently my main JazzyBIT bass.
Fender ’62 RI Precision Bass
(made in Japan in 1997)
- Ocean Turquoise Metallic
- tuned EADG
My new Precision Bass which I use mainly with Amalia Gaiță and Paperjam.
Warwick Corvette Standard 4
(made in Germany in August 1996)
- Honey Violin
- Dunlop Straplok® Flush Mount
- Comfort Strapp™
- tuned BEAD or BbEbAbDb
I got this bass from eBay in 2012 because I needed a more aggressive sounding bass for Sunset in the 12th House. Also I did not want to get a 5 string, so I strung it BEAD or BbEbAbDb. It has an ash body and a wenge neck and fingerboard.
Items marked with * are for sale. Please contact me if interested.
Markbass Mini CMD 121P
(made in Italy in February 2011)
- 1×12”, 500 W solid state bass guitar combo amplifier
Got this very light and good sounding bass combo in 2011 and played it a lot since then. Very portable!
- Radial J48™ Active Direct Box
- Boss OC 2
- Darkglass Microtubes B3K
- Sadowsky Outboard Bass Preamp/DI Pedal*
The Radial J48™ is usually my DI out.
Loving the pedals, but the musical context must allow their use.
Strings, cables & accessories
- .045 – .105 ( .135) Elixir® NANOWEB® Nickel Plated Steel Coated Strings
- VOVOX® sonorus protect A cables (3,5 m & 6 m)
- MONO Bass Sleeve™
- Ultimate Support GS-100 & GS-1000 Guitar Stands
- TC Electronic PolyTune Clip & Reverb Clip-on Tuner
Playing Elixirs for over 10 years. Every now and then I try other strings, but I always get back to them.